Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hello

So, I've decided to start a blog. I have a few resons for doing this, and I thought I would outine them, mostly for my own amusement (I'm convinced that is why 99% of people blog anyway), but also to get any feedback/suggestions if anyone actually reads this. First and foremost, I wanted to get back into writing, I used to write things on a semi-regular basis, but recently all of my writing has been about my research, and while my papers are technically in English, anyone who doesn't have an extensive background in organic chemistry would think it was another language.

Another reason for starting this is that, despite my laid back personality, I have a lot of opinions, and feel the need to write them down, even if no one else gives a shit. Hopefully, if people end up reading this, they will find something interesting, useful, funny, offensive, thought provoking, etc. As far as when I'll add content, I really have no idea, but it will most likely be sporadic at best, I might go a couple of weeks without posting anything, and then write 20,000 words over a weekend. A lot of that is my schedule, but like many other things, some will be a need for interest or inspiration.

Finally, there is way to much stupidity in this world, and I feel the need to call people out when they write or say things which are completely ridiculous. With that in mind, a certain part of this blog will be dedicated to pointing out ridiculousness, hypocrisy and idiocy, in the mainstream media, in other internet sites, and specifically in Ari's blog (http://mdrnjackass.blogspot.com/).

I will listen to any suggestions, and mock then mercilessly if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment